As you may have heard: my sister and I have adapted my book A NIGHT OF BLACKER DARKNESS into a play! And we’re presenting two productions of it this Halloween, one at Tennessee Wesleyan College in Athens, and one at Utah Valley University in Orem.
And we want YOU to be in them
I posted a link to the TN auditions two weeks ago, and those auditions have come and gone and we have an incredible cast. The UT auditions are just a few days away, on September 1 and 2, so if you’re interested please come and try out! This is a UVU production, but we’re opening the cast to the entire community: anyone who wants to audition is more than welcome, and we’d love to get as wide a range of people as we can. Here’s the information:
Tuesday, September 1: Auditions will be held at BYU, 4pm to 6pm, in room F-556 in the HFAC (Harris Fine Arts Center).
Wednesday, September 2: Auditions will be held at UVU, 4pm to 6pm, in GT 631 (aka “The White Box”).
1) Come prepared with a 1-minute comedic monologue.
2) Call backs will be on Saturday, September 5, at 10am at UVU.
3) The show will be the week of Halloween, Wednesday through Saturday, with TWO shows on Halloween.
4) We will perform in the Ragan Theatre on the UVU campus.
5) Rehearsals will be at 6-10 pm Monday through Friday, and 10am-1pm on Saturday, every week until we open.
6) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the directors via email: Scott Twitchell (ScottETwitchell@gmail.com) and/or Landon Kraczek (LKraczek@me.com)
We will be casting the following parts:
1) Frederick Whithers, a Convict
2) John Keats, a Poet
3) Mary Shelley, a Novelist
4) Gwendolyn Gaddie, a Liar
5) Percival Gaddie, a Banker
6) Colin Gaddie, a More Important Banker
7) Inspector Tristan Herring, a Vampire Hunter
8) Chief Constable Barrow, a Chief Constable
9) Winston, a Carriage Driver
10) Sable, a Vampire
11) Gustave, a Gravedigger
12) Mr. Spilsbury, a Mortician
13) The Late Harold Beard, a Corpse
14) Vampire 1
15) Vampire 2
16) Vampire 3
17) Vampire 4